Portland, OR Presentation Tuesday March 19th

Chris Cappuccio chris at nmedia.net
Fri Mar 8 15:59:20 PST 2013

Tuesday, March 19th, 2013

Who: Chris Cappuccio
What: flashrd+nsh OpenBSD Network Appliances
Where: Free Geek, 1731 SE 10th Avenue, Portland (Left Entrance)
When: Tuesday, March 19th, 2013 at 7pm
Why: The pursuit of technology freedom

flashrd+nsh: OpenBSD imaging and easy configuration for network
appliances and virtual environments

Installation, upgrade and configuration are important, practical
functions. OpenBSD's reputation for advanced networking functionality is
second only to its reputation for having a tight knit development
community which considers these functions first and foremost a
convenience for developers.

In this session, we'll discuss the use and application of the flashrd
and nsh tools for creating networking system images catered to
deployment  by IT staff, consultants and OEMs. We'll also discuss
OpenBSD networking features and applications that can be instrumented by
nsh, and discuss any general OpenBSD features and history, as desired by
you, the participants.

Chris Cappuccio is a systems and network architect, with 16 years of
experience starting as a Unix system administrator, followed up with
extensive IP, DSL, wireless and SS7 network deployment and operation.
Chris owns and operates Yellowknife, a wireless network provider
covering thousands of square miles of unserved and underserved areas
with high performance Internet access. He has been a part-time
contributor to networking and driver services in the OpenBSD operating
system for 14 years.

http://www.nmedia.net/flashrd/
http://www.nmedia.net/nsh/

Calagator Page: http://calagator.org/events/1250463270