FAQ correction

TimH timh at dirtymonday.net
Sat May 11 19:46:37 PDT 2013

In the flashdist FAQ, under "How do I install NSH on to a flashrd based
system?", is seems that this line:

make LDADD="-ledit -ltermcap -static" CFLAGS="-O -DDHCPLEASES=\"/flash/dhcpd.leases\""

Should be changed to:

make LDADD="-ledit -ltermcap -static" CFLAGS="-O -DDHCPLEASES=\\\"/flash/dhcpd.leases\\\""

The former fails to correctly escape the string leading to compilation errors beginning with :

ctl.c:321: error: expected expression before '/' token
ctl.c:321: warning: initialization makes pointer from integer without a cast
ctl.c:322: warning: initialization makes pointer from integer without a cast
ctl.c:323: warning: braces around scalar initializer
ctl.c:323: warning: (near initialization for 'ctl_dhcp[0].handler')
ctl.c:323: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
ctl.c:323: warning: excess elements in scalar initializer
[...]

That having been said, it fails to compile for me later, but not from
this once I add the extra escapes.

--TimH