Saving /var using flashrd 1.3

Russell Sutherland russ at quist.ca
Thu May 30 05:15:07 PDT 2013

Chris,

Thanks for the clarification. I suppose in summary what I was trying so say
was:

"In the documentation I did not read that if one wants to preserve the
state of the /var directory between reboots, one should uncomment the:

# savetardirs="$tardirs"

line in /etc/rc.flashrd.sub file."

The only reason I want to do this BTW is to preserve the root crontab file,
specifically removing the sendmail reference which I do not think should be
there as the default.

Russell

--
Russell Sutherland