/var/unbound/etc/unbound.conf

Predrag Punosevac punosevac72 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 17:50:12 PST 2016

I have being running flashrd for almost 3-4 weeks now on my home
firewall. I have a question. I am running Unbound on that machine which
as a caching DNS for my LAN (the server only listens on internal
interface). I have notice that after the reboot custom

/usr/unbound/etc/unbound.conf

gets replaced with the original one. This is not the case for the
configuration files which are in

/etc

I am guessing that is by designed. I would appreciate some pointers to
the documentation which will explain me better how the partitions are
mounted.

I also notice that using

unbound_flags="-c /etc/unbound.conf"

in /etc/rc.conf.local didn't help and that unbound server was failing to
start.

Best,
Predrag