/var/unbound/etc/unbound.conf

Chris Cappuccio chris at nmedia.net
Mon Mar 28 18:14:37 PDT 2016

Predrag Punosevac [punosevac72 at gmail.com] wrote:
> I have being running flashrd for almost 3-4 weeks now on my home
> firewall. I have a question. I am running Unbound on that machine which
> as a caching DNS for my LAN (the server only listens on internal
> interface). I have notice that after the reboot custom
>
> /usr/unbound/etc/unbound.conf

Do you mean /var/unbound/etc/unbound.conf ?

If var is a tardir, that means it's a memory filesystem. You need to
save it after changes.

http://www.nmedia.net/flashrd/flashrd-faq.html

> gets replaced with the original one. This is not the case for the
> configuration files which are in
>
> /etc
>
> I am guessing that is by designed. I would appreciate some pointers to
> the documentation which will explain me better how the partitions are
> mounted.
>
> I also notice that using
>
> unbound_flags="-c /etc/unbound.conf"
>
> in /etc/rc.conf.local didn't help and that unbound server was failing to
> start.

I think it requires the config to be inside the chroot. So you really have
to save changes to /var after you edit the config. Or, roll a flashrd
system where /var is in the "vnddir" category instead of "tardir"...

Chris